Kat Pospichel, Vice President of Youth Programs
- Description of Position: VP of Youth Programs is responsible for organizing events encouraging girls of all ages to learn about and take an interest in STEM fields.
- Career Goals:
Youth Programs Committee
Jadah Peters, High School Outreach Chair
Civil Engineering, 3rd year
Hometown: Suwanee, GA
- Description of Position: We host engaging STEM events geared towards high school girls that aim to motivate, empower, and assist them in their college prep and career discovery.
- Favorite SWE Memory: SWE Christmas Party
- Interests: fitness, yoga, photography, psychology, spanish music, art, reading
- Other involvements: RA, Student Assistant for Parking Office, Boxing Club
- Career Goals: I am planning to go into the construction management field of civil engineering. I’m excited to see the projects I work on come to life.
Bethanie Penna, High School Outreach Chair
Industrial Engineering, 1st year
Hometown: Miami, FL
- Description of Position: Put on a virtual event for female high schoolers that will expose them to the opportunities found in STEM and inspire them to pursue a degree/career in a STEM related field.
- Favorite SWE memory: Hearing from NGI agency. The company really interested me and SWE connected me to apply as an intern *fingers crossed*
- Interests: weight lifting, traveling, reading/writing poetry
- Other Involvements: member of Connect (First-Year Leadership Organization), Hispanic Recruitment Team, mentor for OMED (Office of Minority Educational Directives)
- Career Goals: Graduate with a minor in consulting and go on to work at Deloitte. I’d also love to intern there!
Rebekah Geil, Middle School Outreach Chair
Aerospace Engineering, 2nd Year
Hometown: Kennesaw, GA
- Description of Position: The middle school outreach chairs plan engaging events for middle school girls in the Atlanta area, engaging them with STEAM material.
- Favorite SWE Memory: Tea With the Dean 2019!
- Interests: Baking, Running, Movie nights
- Other Involvements: Navigators, Undergraduate Student Launch Initiative, SMILE
- Career Goals: Work on the design of spacecraft
Emma Kalif, Middle School Outreach Chair
Mechanical Engineering, 1st year
Hometown: Middletown, RI
- Description of Position: The Middle School Outreach Chair plans and implements events to expose middle school girls to STEM and hopefully encourage them to pursue the field.
- Favorite SWE memory: Going to WE18
- Interests: Tennis, listening to music, the environment
- Other Involvements: Engineers for a Sustainable World
- Career goals: Work to develop a solution to the world’s worsening climate crisis
Christine Cheng, Elementary School Outreach Chair
Chemical Engineering, 1st Year
Hometown: Johns Creek, GA
- Description of Position: The Elementary School Outreach Chairs are in charge of planning outreach events for elementary school girls each semester.
- Favorite SWE Memory: Tea With the Dean 2020, Among Us Social!
- Interests: Cooking, Dance, Drawing/Painting
- Other Involvements: AIChE (I’m also looking to get involved in research!)
- Career Goals: Work in the biopharmaceuticals industry
Jordan Totten, Elementary School Outreach Chair
Chemical Engineering, 1st Year
Hometown: Old Bridge, NJ
- Description of Position: This semester, ESO Chairs are responsible for planning a video series of at-home experiments for elementary-aged kids to perform.
- Favorite SWE Memory: Tea with the Dean 2020!
- Interests: Sports (soccer & basketball), painting, spending time with friends and family
- Other Involvements: AIChE, ChBE mentor program
- Career Goals: Work with bioproducts to help the environment