Amanda Wijntjes, Vice President of Finance
Biomedical Engineering (CS Minor), 4th year
Hometown: Annapolis, MD
- Description of Position: The Vice President of Finance is responsible for preparing a budget at the beginning of the SWE fiscal year and keeping a ledger with a record of all SWE checks, contributions, and expenses. The Vice President of Finance also works with the Vice President of Industry Relations to prepare invoices for corporate sponsors and manage corporate sponsorships. Additionally, the Vice President of Finance orders dinner for weekly SWE meetings, develops fundraising efforts, and organizes SWE finals study breaks.
- Favorite SWE Memories: our Pie an Exec fundraiser last fall, our Valentine’s Day Bake Sale last spring, SWE finals study breaks, getting to know members over dinner before company presentations
- Interests: running (training for a marathon this fall!!!), Boston and GT sports teams, tailgating, trying new restaurants
- Other Involvements: BME FUTURES (ambassadors for the BME department), HealthReach, Undergraduate Research (Lindsey Lab – Ultrasonic Imaging and Instrumentation), Order of Omega, Zeta Tau Alpha
- Career Goals: work in the healthcare industry or in technology consulting, specialize in data analytics, earn an MBA, become a director or program manager