Location: Georgia Tech Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons building (CULC)
Due to new guidelines from the State of Georgia Board of Regents, parents/guardians will first have to fill out the following 4 forms and email them to Alyssa Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Georgia Tech Liability Waiver
- Emergency Information Form
- Child Pick Up Authorization
- SWE Information Sheet
Once these forms have successfully been completed, please register using the following link below:
If you have any questions, please contact our VP of Outreach at email@example.com.
- If you are dropping a student off, the physical address to the CULC roundabout drop off is: 399 4th Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- If you are a parent staying for the parent’s program and need to park your car for the duration of the event, please park in visitor area 4 (State Street and Ferst Dr.). A map can be found here.
- The physical address for this lot is: 345 Ferst Dr, Atlanta, GA 30318, USA
- Please visit http://map.gatech.edu for an interactive portal that allows you to type in your address and get directions directly to Visitor Lot 4.
Make Your Own Paper
Participants will make their own paper using plant and vegetable scraps to learn about materials science engineering.
Snack Pack Assembly
Participants will be split into groups of 4 to improve the productivity and efficiency of an assembly line by decorating and packaging cookies and other snacks to learn about the role of industrial engineers.
Newton’s Rocket Car
Participants will use the SWE agilent kits (on SWE HQ website) to create their own rocket cars to take home!
Students will explore the process of breathing and investigate two models that help to visualize and explain the process. Students will build and experiment with a couple of different models that depict the process of breathing. They will explore the lungs and create some very engaging models of the breathing process.
Please join us for the FREE Parent Program portion of Saturday’s event. The Parent Program will be from 9am-12pm. GradSWE volunteers will present on topics such as STEM Gender Bias and How to Get to College, as well as some action items that you can bring back to the home to encourage your children to explore a STEM career.
Please sign up for our outreach mailing list to be notified about additional outreach events. You can sign up for this list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org