Ingrid Cai, Vice President of Industry Relations
Industrial and Systems Engineering, 4th year
Hometown: Johns Creek, GA
- Description of Position: VP of Industry Relations is the point of contact for the corporate faction of SWE and is in charge of securing sponsorships that help fund our operations throughout the year. She organizes company visits during general body meetings, and works with VP of Technical Development to coordinate workshops.
- Interests: Traveling and exploring new places, climbing, piano, violin, drawing, reading
- Involvements: Student Alumni Association, Office of International Education- International Plan, Georgia Tech Symphony Orchestra
- Career Goals: Still up in the air and I have a year to figure it out! Stay tuned for updates.
Industry Relations Committee
Allie Farrelly, Industry Connections
Computer Science, 1st Year
Hometown: Berwyn, PA
- Description of Position: Creates and manages the SWE member Resume Book for corporate sponsor distribution and helps reach out to companies for sponsorship and increase corporate contacts. Responsible for coordinating company opportunities and works closely with the VP of Industry Relations. Helps the Industry Events Chairs plan meetings and events.
- Interests: Running, Baking, Traveling
- Involvements: SWE, SAA, HackGT participant, (hopefully) Create-X
- Career Goals: I would like to obtain a minor in engineering or robotics, and then go onto developing and coding technology for a company.
Salmata Barrie, Industry Events
Environmental Engineering, 1st Year
Hometown: Mooresville, NC
- Description of Position: As an Industry Events Chair, I help the VP of Industry Relations run company events. I send logistics and correspond with representatives for events that give corporate sponsors an outlet to SWE members. My co-chair and I also make sure these events are marketed to the company’s needs by interacting with SWE Exec board members, and we guarantee that they run smoothly by attending early and staying for cleanup.
- Interests: Volleyball, traveling, photography, knot theory, sketching/painting
- Involvements: International Plan, Global Leadership LLC, African Student Association, Muslim Student Association
- Career Goals: I know I would like to work in water sustainability. I think my focus would be to engineer protective/recovery tools to be used in the wake of natural disasters.
Vy Tran, Industry Events
Computer Science, 1st Year
Hometown: Boca Raton, FL
- Description of Position: I am responsible for sending companies logistics whenever they host an event that enables them to engage with our SWE members. I also make sure that before, during, and after the event, that everything goes smoothly.
- Interests: Volleyball, going to the beach, and skating.
- Involvements: SWE, W@CC
- Career goals: I would like to be a Machine Learning Engineer or Software Engineer.