Joining SWE is easy and there are so many reasons to do so. Not only will you have the chance to develop yourself professionally, but you’ll become a member of the largest women engineering group on Georgia Tech’s campus! To become an official SWE member, just follow the instructions below. And don’t forget to sign up for our mailing list to receive GT SWE updates!
- Click on the following link to be brought to the SWE Membership page.
- Look for the “Membership” tab, near the top of the page, and click “Join.”
- In the column on the left side of the page, click the link that says “Become a Member (Non-member).”
- Fill in the requested information. Our section is D061.
- Two options for membership are available: $20 Collegiate or the $50 Collegiate to Career (C2C).
- The $20 Collegiate grants one year of benefits as a SWE member. Once this year is complete, you will be required to purchase membership for the following year.
- The $50 Collegiate to Career grants four years of benefits as a collegiate SWE member, and the first year as a professional. For each year during this time, membership renewal will be free.
- Memberships are valid until June 30th of every year. If you wish to renew, they must be renewed before that time.
Why Join SWE?
(1) Professional Development
- National Conference
- Regional Conference
- Weekly meetings hosted by companies looking to recruit SWE members!
- Social events sponsored by companies who support women in engineering
- Scholarship opportunities
- On-campus Networking Night
- Corporate Connection events
- Technical development workshops
(2) Outreach Opportunities
- Middle School Outreach
- High School Outreach
- Little SWE after school club
- Community outreach
- Outreach mentoring program
(3) Social Opportunities
- Engineers Ball
- Community service
- Yoga in the CRC
- Pinterest craft night
- SWEster mentoring program